Thank you for your interest in ORIGIMM. We are…
- an ambitious startup biotech company focusing on vaccine discovery and development
- seeking highly motivated people to join us
- located at the Biotech Competence Centre in Vienna – in the vicinity of VBC
The company language is English.
If you are interested in joining our team and are convinced that you would be a valuable part of our organization, please send us your unsolicited application at email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
|Junior Scientist (m/f) – full-time
Origimm Biotechnology GmbH is an international biotech start-up company located in Vienna with a dedicated and highly motivated small team. With the development of new vaccines and immune therapies, we strive to improve the quality of life of patients. We stand for innovation and honesty and always demand the highest standards from ourselves and our products out of respect for the patients.
To bring our small and personable R&D team to the next level, we are looking for a full-time Junior Scientist (m/f), who will be responsible for the performance of analytical, immunological and bacteriological assays for antigens in discovery, preclinical as well as clinical programs. The designated candidate will support the company’s R&D team by independently developing, optimizing and validating pre-defined test procedures. Furthermore, the employee will be responsible for a small project in the field of animal models depending on prior experience. We are seeking the best in their profession to match our high standards, and in return, we provide a motivating and supportive work environment.
- Professional and pleasant working atmosphere
- Work surrounding fostering individual creativity
- Working conditions under highest ethical standards and concern for human health
- Highly innovative scientific work environment based on mutual trust and support
- Very engaging, responsible and diversified position
- Personal development opportunities
- Flexible working times
- Amenities and specifics of a start-up company
- Performance, analysis and documentation of test procedures (e.g. ELISA, cell culture, microbiological methods)
- Development, optimization and validation of analytical, immunological and bacteriological methods
- Coordination and cooperation with internal and external experts for dedicated projects
- Writing of standard operating procedures (SOPs), reports and GDP compliant documentation
- Work in BSL2 environment in compliance with all company regulations
- Degree in the area of natural sciences at MSc level – preferably Biotechnology, Biology or equivalent education
- Education in and good understanding of scientific work
- Good command of MS-Office applications
- High command of English and good command of German required
- At least 5 years of practical experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a similar function
- Practical experience with immunological or microbiological assays is a prerequisite
- Practical experience in eukaryotic cell culture and aseptic technologies is a must
- Experience with analytical methods and analytical method validation including flow cytometry, HPLC, ELISA, ELISPOT, cell culture and microbiological methods is a prerequisite
- Experience in protein chemistry and protein analytics
- Experience with GDP compliant documentation
- Experience with statistical methods and programs
- QC experience would be an asset
- Passion for scientific tasks including good sense of priorities
- Mature personality with broad experience in science within the pharmaceutical industry
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible personality willing to work in a start-up surrounding
- Highly reliable, responsible and curious personality who is open to learn and develop
- Willing to work under BSL2 conditions
The minimum salary in accordance with the “Kollektivvertrag des Chemischen Gewerbes” for this position is € 2.281,92 gross per month. The actual salary will depend on relevant experience and qualification of the designated candidate and will be negotiated at the time of the job offer. We explicitly encourage female candidates to apply for this position.
Does our description meet your expectations concerning your next career step? Then please send us your CV plus an informative motivation letter and convince us that you are the best candidate for this position. We are looking forward to receiving your application at firstname.lastname@example.org.